Who Cares About Seasonal Heating Tune Ups, Anyway?
Clarkstown HVAC review scores as of 10/20/23
Even though it’s technically still summer, pumpkin spice season is already upon us. That means, before you know it you’ll want to kick on your heating system to take the chill off. Too often, people turn their system on for the first time, only to be met with heartache. They discover that their system either isn’t working properly – or isn’t working at all. Yet, many people think getting seasonal heating tune ups for their home is a waste of money. But is it? Why should you care about getting your system its annual checkup, anyway?
According to ENERGY STAR, heating system tune ups are important, much like getting your car maintained yearly. They explain the typical steps taken during a checkup, and what each does to help your heating system. ENERGY STAR explains that not only is maintenance important for system efficiency, it also helps your system last longer and work more effectively. Most importantly, though, it helps keep you safe, as faulty operation can cause carbon monoxide leaks or fire.
Here’s how a seasonal heating tune up helps:
- Thermostat settings are checked. This ensures you’re getting maximum energy efficiency from your heating system.
- Electrical connections are tightened, and voltage is measured. If you have faulty electrical components, that can cause your system to operate unsafely.
- Moving parts are lubricated. This helps cut down on wear and tear, as well as the amount of electricity used by your system.
- System controls are checked. This ensures your system starts, stops and runs properly.
- Gas and oil connections are checked. This one is very important. If these connections aren’t working properly, they can cause concern for your health and safety.
- Filters are changed. This one you can do yourself and you should – once a month during times when your heating system is operating. Not sure how? Your technician will be glad to show you.
At Clarkstown Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re glad to help our customers get the seasonal heating tune up they need to ensure longevity and safety for their system. When you work with us, our highly-trained, NATE-certified technicians will perform a 21-point heating maintenance inspection on your home’s heating system. This helps your heating system run smoothly and efficiently all winter long, ensuring the safety and comfort of your family.
As you can see, getting a seasonal heating tune up is important for the life and efficiency of your system. We’re more than happy to assist you.
A maintenance agreement with Clarkstown includes your seasonal heating tune up and more.
Our heating maintenance agreements include:
- No diagnostic fees! Even after hours and on weekends and holidays.
- Discounted repairs. Receive a 10% discount on any repair, 24/7.
- All service agreements include a tune-up once per season. We know you’re busy and forget about important things like maintenance on your heating system. Leave that to us. We contact all of our Service Agreement customers when it is time to schedule your tune-up.
- Priority service. All customers with service agreements are placed at the top of our list. This means same day service during our busiest times of the year.
- Avoid surprise repair costs by preventing problems before they happen.
- Prevent the hassle of breakdowns.
- Keep your system running as efficiently as possible.
- Save money on energy bills.
- Prolong the life of your system.