Ductless AC Helps Keep All Your Spaces Cool; Save Energy
Clarkstown HVAC review scores as of 10/20/23
The primary source of heat in older homes often comes from a boiler system. As a result, these homes are less likely to be fitted with ductwork. As such, installing central air conditioning is not much of an option. Installing ductwork for central AC requires major renovation. Or, homeowners can choose window AC units. However, they’re often noisy, obstruct the homeowner’s view, and aren’t necessarily energy efficient.
So, how can you cool your home efficiently if ductwork is impossible or impractical? The Department of Energy offers some information on installing ductless AC. They share some benefits of ductless AC that may surprise you.
Advantages of Ductless AC
- Ductless systems usually offer not only air conditioning, but heating as well.
- High efficiency is a hallmark of ductless AC systems. That’ll help you save money on your utility bills.
- Ductless systems offer an affordable alternative to having to install ductwork for a ducted system.
- Easy installation means your ductless AC will be installed in no time, with minimal construction mess.
- Ducted systems often experience energy loss due to leaks in the ductwork. This does not occur with ductless air conditioning.
As you can see, ductless AC is a great alternative if you lack ductwork in your home. But there are other times it can help you stay cool as well. For instance, if you have hot or cold spots in your home, a ductless system can help even that out. That’ll help your home feel more comfortable and your current cooling system become more efficient.
Also, if you’ve added on any rooms, or converted your basement or attic into living space, then ductless can help there, too. Not to mention, ductless systems are quiet and non-obtrusive. A ductless mini-split AC system mounts directly on your wall or ceiling, and blends well with virtually any décor. And because Clarkstown Heating & Air Conditioning provides expert installation, we can install your ductless unit in just a few hours, no patching, painting or ductwork required.
How can I get ductless AC in my home today?
If you think ductless AC might be an option for your home and you would like to find out more, give Clarkstown Heating & Air Conditioning a call today at (845) 620-1000. We’ll tell you about the different options for ductless cooling and heating, and help you find the solution that best suits your needs.